Thursday, June 2, 2011

ahh the relief of winter...

Well, it's finally early winter here and I can feel it. The nights and mornings are cold, it's refreshing. The water isn't hot in the mornings, but at least the coffee is thanks to the kettle. The rain has finally arrive in small doses. It's steady for now, so I'm happy enough. The garden practically grew twice it's size overnight!
Thankyou Mother Nature for providing just when we needed it the most!

As you may have noticed, I've been extremely distracted even though I had plans to commit more time to blogging.
We had a bit of a scare with Miss H and stressful weeks ensued. So, I have decided to take things as they come and ride it out without trying to control it or pay any attention anywhere other than with my family, passions and home. Trying to bring some order and calm to myself and our home.

I thought I'd share a few pics of what's been giong on here at Martin Farm between medical emergencies, water issues', the good ol' family winner (money crisis) and general parental stresses... (has anyone else noticed the REDICULOUS price of veg at the supermarkets recently?? We're seriously considering changing shops....)

Anyway, here's what we've been up to:

FINALLY, the arrival of our dairy cow...
(our two pregnant dairt goats came home again also)

Crafting...

Searching for faeries and faerie homes...

Birthdays and bouncing...

Growing food...

Tea parties...

Sand play...

Birth of baby Guineapigs...

Something I've had on my to try list until I saw this link on FB and decided to just go do it! I used it as a quiet activity while Li'l Miss M was napping.
So, these are our own version. Miss H's at the top and my own two at the bottom. I wanted to do flowers, but rather than push Miss H to do them as a project, I chose to make them for myself and leave her do her own thing (high fives self in proud unschooling manner)



As winter approaches, we're looking to the winter solstice and doing more indoor crafts and play. I'd like to focus on this a little more and share it among the Facebook community.
I want to open a virtual art gallery album for us to show off our kids and our own crafts and projects.

The Albums to be opened will be "Nature Displays" for our nature tables and similar waldorf inspired crafting, "Li'l Expressionists" for showing of our kids creations as proudly as we can ever parentally be and finally "Mumma's Makings" for our own creations.

If you have something you'd like to contribute, either upload a pic to the facebook wall or email it to me at earthangelmumma@gmail.com

Happy cleansing, crafting, searching, playing, gardening, bouncing, journeying....
keep peace, make love, search deep
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment