Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's all about CHOICES!

This rant comes from both sides of the fence. From assessing my own feelings and circumstances.
This is an honest truth I've had to tell myself, that I am telling myself today.

So... here it is:

I know what it's like, to feel like we can't change anything.
To want to give up, lay down and accept the shit in this society. To accept things as they are, to just go with the flow and put up with the shit that makes us feel sad, makes us sick, makes us... well, very angry ill people.

After 3 years of constant battles and obstacles setting us back in every way, my house is shamefully pigstyeish. It's gotten so bad that it's making us all sick.
No matter how hard I've tried in the past, when I feel like we're getting somewhere and things are getting better something comes along to knock us down and bury me back in that dam rut!

I'm sick of living like this, but I'm so demotivated and tired of it that I feel like I can NOT change it for my family. I'm trying to take it a day at a time and slowly head where I want things to be.
I KNOW inside we'll get there, I just wish it would magically fix itself overnight without me lifting a finger... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA as if! You can't have change, unless you MAKE change!

What I want to share with you is THIS revelation... YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
It may seem hard, it may seem impossible, but in the end YOU CAN DO IT! Make the choices you need to make to get there!
Find support if you can to get it done, but remeber that the FIRST step is to make the choice.
Don't sit there whinging that you can't afford to feed your family a nutricious meal, not until you have exhausted EVERY avenue possible (I know this one too, trust me I do)

Sacrifice something (perhaps the tomato sauce in the shopping, those bikkies or that cordial?) and save up to buy yourself a low income seed bundle from Diggers Garden Club for LESS THAN $20!!

Get out in that garden with the kids... GROW your own nutricious veg. You'll save SO MUCH money in the longrun that the argument of expense is null and void.
It may take some years to grow everything you eat, but what is $20 once a year to learn a new skill, feed your family AND start up your own seedstock for future use.
Let's say it takes you 4 years to learn enough skill to not need to buy veg again in your life (thanks to seedstock you keep) that's just $80 for a lifetime of veg!

Did you know that by changing to a wholesome diet of less processed food, you eat less! Brown rice and wholemeal flour fill you more than their empty white counterparts...
So at the checkout you may spend and extra 50 cents to a $1, but in the long run you save so much more!
You could buy bikkies, or you could buy ingredients needed to make them much healthier for the same price!

In the conventional society, Miss H would be on numerous medications for 'behavioural issues' while eating the shit that most kids do.
Instead WE CHOOSE to feed her wholesome food that doesn't trigger a chemical responce in her body and make her what some would consider an extremely difficult child.
What most people don't realise is that she is NOT acting up, she is mentally unstable due to a chemical reaction in her brain from synthetic additives in foods she may have eaten. She doesn't have a single clue what she is doing, how she is affecting people, she's just going with the flow of her intoxicated body! Even milk does this to her, with it's added preservatives.

I get that time is a factor, but I personally would rather spend my time making wholesome food that heals my family than spend that time and extra money on trips to the dr because our food makes us sick. Once again, it comes down to choices.

What I'm trying to convey is that we only live as we choose to live.
Yes things change to what we don't want, but we choose to either stay and stick it out, work with it to make it better, change it to work for us, or even just walk away and forget it all. Some things are out of our control, but ultimately what you do with those trials and obstacles is UP TO YOU!
Choose your priorities and stick to them. Don't whinge and sulk about something until you have tried EVERYTHING you possibly can to change it.
Get the fuck over it and make a difference for yourself, easier said than done I know... oh boy do I know, but it all comes down to you and your choices.

You CAN make a difference, you CAN change your circumstances, you CAN achieve your dreams, you CAN DO IT!
You are strong and THINGS WILL GET BETTER!
Believe it, live it.... LOVE IT!

Be the change you want to see in the world!

(please note: No child was harmed in the making of heading photo. She was having a sad because she wasn't allowed to hold the newborn guineapig. Such a cutie even when she's upset)

3 comments:

  1. EAM its great to read your wisdom for health is impacting every area of your life, these hard things you talk about are struggles worth fighting for.
    a clean home (not necessarily tidy...because those are rare moments with children and pets) but a clean home is good for our health! Its improved hygienic practices that took down the rates of disease... (we have seen the graphs/evidence to prove it).
    im proud of you and your raw honesty, you will never know how much you help people - but know that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. It was incredibly cheap and only $26.00 after postage. I was going to become a member, but it was too expensive at the moment.

    I'm an expert at growing basil and sunflowers after this season We also grow bananas and tomatoes. I'm excited to expand my vegetable growing knowledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just want to say that I have just come across your facebook page and this blog and have to tell you so far that you are sooo inspirational! You seem to be living out what my dream is I am 28 have a 3yr old and 11mth old. I've started to make a lot of hard decisions recently including giving up a very successful and well paying family day care business in order to concentrate more on a better upbringing and bonding with my own children and husband, also to give me a chance to tap into my authentic self again. We are still renting atm but my next mission is for us to save for a house on a little property and grow the self sustainability dream.
    I am so excited to read on over your other blogs, but please know that your blogging has definately had a positive influence on this reader!
    Tracey M :-)

    ReplyDelete