Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sew Simple!


I am very excited to have successfully finished this project.
A little while ago I fell in love with the idea of cloth books and as soon as I saw this genuine vintage reprint cloth book panel on The Oz Material Girls Facebook page, I knew I just HAD TO HAVE IT! I have fallen deeply in love with it now that it's finished.


With christmas looming closer and having a tight budget and natural, handmade and WAHP leanings I decided to sew up some pressies and stocking fillers for our beautiful girls. What shows more love than a well thought gift made with loving hands? This book is just one of the many projects I am attempting to have done in time.

I must say that this was one of the EASIEST things I have ever sewn. As a beginners project it can teach some simple but very useful skills. From straight stitching, corners and turning out to applying interfacing or batting and topstitching.


This book took me only 24 hours to create and that was with limited spurts of time in between soothing a very unsettle sick baby.
So if you're looking for something quick, simple and absolutely beautiful to sew up in time for christmas, you can find the panel HERE.
Please leave just one little panel for me to buy in the new year as a gift for a dear friend of mine... please.

It may be a tad too late for West Aussies to have one delivered in time for christmas as it seems Australia Post are on a bit of delay for us westerners, but one can only try. I have no doubt that Eastern staters not affected by flooding can get a hold of one with plenty of time to spare!

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Looks fantastic :) I bet your little ones will love and cherish it <3

    Hope your bubba is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing.... it looks fabulous... and yes it is such a gorgeous panel . Hope your little one loves it ♥

    Have a fabulous Christmas
    Louise
    The Oz Material Girls

    ReplyDelete