Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mummy's turn for a time out!

Sorry for disappearing for a few days, I went on a time out.
With EADaddy working away, a cranky toddler, teething baby and water worries on my mind I decided I needed a mummy break. Not in the sense of no kids, free time mummy break but rather a kid intensive, playing and eating mummy break.

We spent 3 days in the garden planting seeds, collaging our own garden in our unschooling activity, cooking and eating lots of different food.
I refused to look at dishes, laundry or any other form of cleaning as much as I wanted to do it. I had to face the fact that without water... you just can't do them.

Before I went on my time out we reached over 300 fans on our Facebook page!!! WOW
I never expected to see this many people in one place looking to improve our lives, environment and earth.

I've been thinking about how to say thankyou and as I know a majority of our readers are hard working mums I wanted to give one lucky mummy a little something to spoil herself. Something I would love to spoil myself with if I ever had the time or chance.

At the end of the month I will randomly draw a winner from those that comment on this blog post and will work with that person to tailor the items that make up the prize to pamper feet, face, body and lips from Pure Earth Noosa!

I might just add a little tasty extra something from Echo Way too...


Every mummy needs a break once in a while, please put yourself up for a chance to be spoiled.

22 comments:

  1. i've been trying to do the same thing but maybe not quite as successfully as you!no planting for us yet but soon...i am trying to get up in the morning+go straight outside,get some sun+delay turning on the tv+computer.i find i'm getting more done+the house is slowly coming together which makes me feel good.the girls appreciate the mama time too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your version of a mummy time out. Sounds like a lot of fun. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm glad I took the time to look at your blog! And your facebook page! I love the sound of your Mummy time out, sounds just right to me. It's days like this that I think will probably feature most in our children's memories! I love what Evangeline Johnson says about freedom mothering "freedom mothering is not about getting OUT of mothering, it's about getting INTO it!!" Love love LOVE it :)
    Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog; love your facebook page; love your look on life and how we can live it that little bit better :0}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great 'break' you had! It's sometimes the everyday things that you need a break from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet youre glad to have water again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we had no water for a few days! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am commenting! I havent looked at yr blog for a while and have seen the posts telling us to comment so thought i'd better come here and have a look. :)Love yr time out, i will have to do that myself i think, some time at home not having to drive and do things and all that would be bliss :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mummy timeout sounds lovely! Hope your water worries are a little better now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea! I could certainly use a "Time Out" for myself... *L*

    Hang in their, darling; I know how hard it is to have a wild toddler while your support is otherwise occupied. My husbeast is working full time, and going to school full time. It can get exhausting taking care of the crazy toddler...but I still love him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa White harmony86@live.comThursday, October 28, 2010

    Your timeout sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. all mums need time out. sounds like a great time out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your time out sounds wonderful! I am trying to come up with a time out idea for my little family, DS (he is 3) has had 3 rides in an ambulance in the last 2 weeks with seizures :(. So all 3 of us are in desperate need of time out next time DH has a day off :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing you life and ways with us, it is so nice to know there are other 'like minds' out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on reaching over 300 fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you have convinced me to enter. I am sure i need some 'mummy time out' its one of those things that always gets put at the bottom of the to-do list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds blissful. With baby#2 just days/weeks away I need to find more time to just *be* with my son... and taking away the other mummy distractions of life is a perfect idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i would love to know, how would we do washing with no water? perhaps we'd have to be naked lol maybe you could try figuring out how to do that. that would be cool excersize for u and your babys... i guess i need some mummy time out cz i am flat out 24/7 trying to look after my family and never get time to just be me and relax... and i don't think i deserve it though because a mothers job is never done :) cavemama

    ReplyDelete
  19. sounds fabulous and i love what u write :) even though i am sure i deserve spoiling (with a toddler and baby and complete lack of sleep for over 2 years) i have a mummy friend who deserves it more than me and if i win this i will be giving her my prize to help cheer her up :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everyone needs some mummy time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations tallulahnscarlettsmama and joyjoyc!!

    ReplyDelete